Art Activity Ideas
This page is under construction and will have many more art activity ideas on Monday, December 13th. Please check back then! Happy Holidays!
VINTAGE PAPER ORNAMENT-
- Trace templates onto cardstock and cut them out.
- Decorate to your liking with glitzy pipe cleaners and snowflake cut-outs.
- Finally, punch a hole, add a ribbon and hang 'em up!
Twig Snowflake -
Collect some sticks or twigs on your next walk outside with your kids or students and use the materials you collected to make these fun and creative snowflakes! It’s such a simple and fun way to incorporate natural materials into your seasonal art project. This process art activity is great for any age- toddlers, preschool, and kindergarten.
Materials for Twig Snowflake Craft for Kids
- Sticks or twigs (You can also use popsicle sticks or even these wood log sticks. If you want to make really large snowflakes, these natural bamboo sticks would be cool!
- Hot glue gun to form your sticks into a snowflake shape
RAISED SALT PAINTING -
Raised salt painting is an all-time favorite kids art activity that is loved by all ages from toddlers on up. Glue, salt, and watercolors are all you need for this simple art activity, also known as salty watercolors.
- Card stock*
- Squeeze bottle of glue (such as Elmers)
- Table salt
- Liquid watercolors**
- Paint brushes or Droppers
*Any sturdy art surface will do. We’ve done this with card stock, poster board, cardboard, watercolor paper, paper plates, and foam core.
**Liquid watercolors are great for this activity. If you don’t have any, you can make your own by watering down food coloring.
Time needed: 1 hour.
Squeeze glue designs onto your card stock
Use your glue to draw a design or picture onto your cardstock.